Apartment IL GIARDINO
Max 6 guests: 2 double beds, 1 bed-sofa. A baby-travel-bed on request.
55sqm apartment: a big room with a double bed, a sofa-bed and a kitchen corner; a bedroom with a double bed; bathroom with shower. We can supply an extra bed for children if required. Windows with mosquito nets. There is a pergola to eat outdoors.
From the garden, a staircase leads to the olive grove where one of our wagons is located, with a small front terrace. A place that guests can use to spend a moment of retreat with a glass of wine at sunset. It can also be equipped as an additional room for large families.
Our apartment, recently restored using ecological materials, is very comfortable and full of natural light. A beautiful and relaxing place for your holidays in the centre of Italy. It is a perfect place for single persons, families with children and small groups.
580 € a week
85 € a day
The price includes: towels and bed linen; ecologic soaps and shampoo; final cleaning.
- Garden furniture and deckchairs;
- Trampoline, slagline, swing;
- Tourist guides and local activities guides;
- piano and guitar;
- …we have no television!
- We sell our own organic farm-products: vegetables, fruits, jam, olive oil, wine, Balsamic vinegar, juice of wine-grapes, etc.
- Visits to Petra’s atelier; here you can watch and buy clothes, felt-objects, paintings and little paper-works, textile-creations. It is also possible to get in few days a personal unique dress.
- Tasting of our products.
- It’s possible to help during the harvest times: wine grapes in September and olives from mid-October to mid-November.
For you creative-holidays and food-tasting or other small cultural events, we have a wonderful event space.
Place & Surroundings
We are in Barchi, a small historical village in central Italy, close to the Adriatic coast, in the hills of the region “Marche“. Our house is placed in the middle of a beautiful landscape, without direct neighbours. Barchi is 1,5km from here and you can walk easily. It is very nice for everyone who likes nature, art and culture. It is possible to get in a few days a handmade dress from Petra or handmade felt-hat for the cold season or even to learn the technique of felt-making yourself. The small towns close to us are full of historic surprises, like churches, convents or a nice small street in the mountains. The highest mountains Catria and Nerone are good for trekking in the nature and a jump in the refreshing waters of their rivers. Urbino, one of the most interesting renaissance-cities in Italy, Fano, Pesaro and Senigallia, the cities on the coast, are nice for cultural walks.
What can you do around here?
La Luna nell’Orto is in a very good position to move in any direction. One way you reach the Adriatic coast. You can choose between sandy and stony shores or between free or fully equipped beaches. The crowded coastal cities, like Fano, Pesaro and Senigallia, offer weekly markets, shops, restaurants and the typical Italian way of life in the small streets and places. In the opposite direction, there are hills and mountains, perfect for enjoying natural environments and for long walks. To refresh in the beautiful mountain rivers is a good alternative to the sea on hot summer days.
- Walking: everywhere around this area, Furlo, Monte Nerone, Monte Catria.
- Eating and drinking: lots of restaurants, wineries, local festivals (sagre) in several small towns close by.
- Arts and crafts: Fratterosa (ceramics and terracotta), Sant’Ippolito (sculptures).
- History and monuments: Urbino (Word Heritage Site), Barchi, Mondavio, Fano.
- Churches and convents: Fonte Avellana, Abbazia di St.Vincenzo al Furlo (1100),etc.
- Hiking and nature: Furlo Gorge Natural Park, Monte Nerone, Monte Catria.
- Coast and beaches: Fano, Marotta, Monte Conero (with a beautiful view over the sea) and the natural park Monte San Bartolo (over Pesaro).
- Swimming in the river: around Cagli.
- Snow: Monte Nerone and Monte Catria for skiing and sledge.
For futher information we suggest to visit this site: www.le-marche.com .
Distances by car:
- Urbino: 40min
- Cagli and Monte Catria: 50min
- Pesaro: 40min
- Fano: 30min
- Senigallia: 40min